Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Getting the Most from One Die Cut

Hey everyone!  Today I wanted to share two cards I made that look totally different using the same die.  To make both cards I started by die cutting one piece of patterned paper (Flutter by Fancy Pants) with the Frantic Stamper Circle Cross Card Panel die.  I then used this one die cut to create several cards, two of which I'm sharing today and another one that I'll share at a later time.

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Circle Thank You

For this card I used the card panel that was made after die cutting.  This card is super simple and quick to put together!  All I did was add some adhesive to the back and glued it on to my card base.

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Circle Thank You Closeup

Next I took some vellum and wrapped it around the bottom of the card.  Here's a tip:  if you aren't sure how to adhere vellum so that the adhesive doesn't show, try wrapping it around something and then adhering it on the back side!  After the vellum was adhered I added the 'thank you" from the Accessory Words #3 die set and a few enamel dots.  Easy peasy!

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Circle Smiles

For this next card I used the large negative pieces that were left over after cutting the card panel.  I'm still filling up a card front using just that one die cut that I cut for the card above!  I used a cut Circle Cross Card Panel as my guide as to where to place these negative images, that I popped up with dimensionals, and then after they were where I wanted them gently lifted off the card panel piece.  

Jen Carter Frantic Stamper Circle Smiles Closeup

 I added the Smiles word die cut to the top of the pieces and then added a few clear sequins to finish the card off.  Again, another easy card!

I am entering this last card into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "In the Middle".  I used the negative die pieces that were in the middle of the cut out die.





Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

These are great, Jen! Love how you used all the pieces!

Diane said...

Very fun colors and very clever designs.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards!!! Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...