Tuesday, January 20, 2015

With Sympathy

Sympathy cards are never fun to make.  Finding something appropriate can be very difficult.  And because they aren't fun to make, I don't usually have any on hand when I need them.  With that in mind, I made two different versions of the same card using the Frantic Stamper Small With Sympathy word die.

Jen Carter With Sympathy Triangles Frantic Stamper Blue

I created the background with the Triangle Card Panel die.  I really like how versatile this die is! 

Jen Carter With Sympathy Triangles Frantic Stamper Blue Closeup Top

 I chose to leave most of the triangles in place (I taped them on the back side of the cardstock so that they would all stay in), and only popped out two rows.   You can see here that when I was finished with the card front, I popped the triangle panel up with dimensionals.

Jen Carter With Sympathy Triangles Frantic Stamper Blue Closeup Bottom

I die cut the small With Sympathy with gold cardstock.  Then, I added a small butterfly from the Petite Butterflies die set and added a gold glittered enamel dot to the center.  I tied a piece of twine around the bottom of the card front to finish it off.

Jen Carter With Sympathy Triangles Frantic Stamper Pink

This card is almost identical to the first, I just changed up the colors for a more feminine look.

Jen Carter With Sympathy Triangles Frantic Stamper Pink Closeup Bottom

I still incorporated the trendy gold into my card, but this time as an accent bow. 

Dies I used on these projects:




And, if you would like a more elegant "With Sympathy" die, this is also available


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sympathy cards are a challenge to make...love both of your designs!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are great sympathy cards, Jen! Love them!

Brandi R said...

Lovely, soft, and soothing colors. The design is wonderful for a sympathy card ♥

Amy Kolling said...

Love this design Jen! I always have issues making these cards....will definitely keep this for a future case!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...