Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall = Candy Corn

Hey everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend!  

As you know Fall is here!  It's been so nice this weekend and we've been enjoying the cooler weather! With Fall comes some traditional Fall foods, activities and decorations.  One of the things I've been seeing plenty of lately is candy corn.  I'm not a huge fan of candy corn but my family is!

The card I am sharing today started as an idea I had when I was playing with a die from Frantic Stamper.  I was using the Diagonal Stripe 3x4 Photo Card die for a fun project (that I'll share soon) and all of a sudden it reminded me of candy corn.  The stripes and the balance of the die is perfect for mimicking this popular fall food! So after playing with it some more, this is the that card came from that idea.

Candy Corn Sweet

I started by using the Diagonal Striped die to cut some thin chipboard.  I used a piece that wouldn't cut all the way through with the sandwich I created and this created a nice base that I could paper piece the rest of the pieces together.  I next used the die to cut a piece of yellow (and later added yellow glitter cardstock), orange & white cardstocks.  I cut each piece a part in sections and then adhered them to my chipboard base. This created a nice candy corn look for the card.  

Candy Corn Sweet Side

I added a vellum banner for the sentiment and gave it a little dimension by not adhering the left side down but letting it sort of "bubble" up.  I also added some twine and a few pieces of white cardstock to finish the card off, give it some visual interest while still keeping it simple.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's card!  I'm curious...do YOU like candy corn?  :)

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen thisi isi so cute, love that die!

Kara said...

so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...