Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Congrats!


Hey everyone!  I am getting ready to head to a crafty retreat this week and I am getting so excited! My problem?  Trying to figure out what to bring and what to leave behind!  It's been a while since I've gone away to stamp with friends and this time I'll be meeting some "old" friends and some crafty friends that I know online, but have never met in person!  How fun!  I can't wait!

Today I am sharing a card for the Pink Elephant Technique Challenge which is to emboss somewhere on your card.

Watercolor congrats

I was in a watercolor mood so I pulled out my Clearly Whimsy Distressed Backgrounds stamp set and went to work.  I used only one of the stamps from that set and stamped it repeatedly in different colors of pastel ink.  I then flipped the stamp the other direction and stamped a very light gray (Amuse Pebble) to create an almost watermark feel.

Watercolor Congrats closeup

One of the brushstrokes I embossed in gold.  I really like how this turned out!  The Congrats was stamped with black ink and is also from a Whimsy set called School Spirit.


You can play along with the Pink Elephant Challenge until Sunday!  Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Whimsy Distressed Backgrounds & School Spirit
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats Rectangles
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Mint

2 comments:

Kara said...

so gorgeous! love it!

Nance said...

Beautiful card. Love the contrast of that gold and the pastels! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Nance, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...