Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shake it Up!

Ahhh!  It's the weekend!  I've been so busy at my job at the school I work at.  I've been reminded how much I enjoy my job but it's worn me out!  I got use to days with little schedules and, well, sleeping in! :)  Now I'm up early and working all day.  It has worn me out.  I usually work part time but for the first 3 weeks before school starts I'm on full time hours.

So my therapy, when I can keep my eyes open, is sitting and crafting!  After work on Friday I came home and put together a fun little card for this week's Catered Crop Challenge.  Since my card was chosen as a winner in their last challenge, I get to Guest Design with them this week!  How fun!

Bravo Shaker

I thought that this Instant Camera 3x4 Photo Card die from Frantic Stamper was the perfect base for my shaker.  The sides are such an easy width to create a shaker box with!  Score!  

Bravo Shaker Closeup

I am so in love with the gold trend!  It is hard to resist putting gold on everything.  For the sentiment I used an awesome word die "Bravo!" from the Frantic Stamper Accolades die set.  I tied some of my favorite Gold Shimmer twine around the shaker base as an accent.

Bravo Shaker Side Closeup

I thought it would be fun to stack a bunch of the die cuts together to create my shaker space rather than using foam tape.  It worked perfectly and I like the clean edges it left!  How fun would it be to insert one or two colored pieces in the middle?  Wish I would have thought of that before.


You still have time to play along with the Catered Crop Recipe Swap: Shaker challenge!  You can link up your card until Saturday, August 16th at 7 PM Central.  Thanks for joining me today!  Have a wonderful weekend!  We are preparing to celebrate my son's 12th birthday today (his birthday is tomorrow).  Where has the time gone?  Sigh. :)

Supplies:
Dies:  Frantic Stamper Instant Camera 3x4 Photo Card & Accolades Die Set
Paper: Heidi Swapp Hello Today, DCWV Glitter Paper
Twine: Twinery Gold Shimmer
Sequins:  Misc



4 comments:

~amy~ said...

oh I LOVE this!

Linda McClain said...

Oh Bravo! So stunning. I'm freaky glad you joined us at Catered Crop!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I make my shaker card similarly... I use chipboard! I can't ever seem to make them without all the "shakes" sticking to the foam adhesive inside.

This is fantastic! I love the hexagons, and the great gold die-cut!

Toni C said...

Love how you have made the shaker, awesome idea, and no sequins getting stuck on the tape! Lovely card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...