Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunny Days Challenge


Welcome to the Lil' Inker Design's Sunny Days Blog Hop Challenge!  If you are following along in the blog hop, you should have come from Isha's blog.  If you would like to start at the beginning, be sure to visit Lil' Inker Designs blog!  

Today the design team members are sharing projects that we made inspired by the challenge photo shown at the bottom of this post!  You'll find all of the details on how to participate in the challenge and the WONDERFUL prizes up for grabs (and, there is a SALE too!!).  

First, I want to say a huge welcome to Taheerah Atchia who is joining the Lil' Inker Designs team!  Be sure to check out her blog!

I also want to welcome two members who have been a part of LID's color team to the core design team:  Isha Gupta & Alyssa Scritchfield!  Yea!

I have two cards to share with you today that were inspired by the following inspiration photo:


Lots of summer fun there!

Hello Sunshine

What inspired me so much about the photo was the color.  My eye is always drawn to bright colors and I love pairing them together.  I also couldn't get "lemonade" out of mind!  So, this card (and the next one too) was inspired by those two things.

I randomly stamped images from the Darling Diamonds stamp set to create my pattern.  I used the "hello" sentiment from that set as well.  The sunshine sentiment comes from a wonderful LID sentiment set called Sun Sentiments.


I used the large & small sun dies layered on top of each other to create this sun piece and added a clear sequin in the center.  


The Stitched Scalloped Border Die added a little sparkle to the side.  I also added a piece of yellow & white striped washi tape and a piece of Matte Black Shimmer twine from The Twinery under the sentiments.

My next card was also inspired by bright, sunny colors & lemonade!


Enjoy Your Day

I used the Circles & Diamonds Stitched Pattern Die on the Raspberry Fizz patterned paper (from PTI). I love how this die looks even on patterned paper!  For the Rustic White banner strip, I cut a strip of cardstock and then used the Curvy Labels Tag die from the Flags & Tags Die set to cut the curvy edge onto the bottom (I didn't run the die through all the way, so it selectively cut only part of the paper).  


That fun lemonade cup was die cut from the Coffee Cozy die set!  I love how this "coffee" cup looks just like a cool summer drink in a cup!  I made the cup 3D by using a little dimensional on each side and curving the cup so it would be slightly curved on the card.  That straw is part of one of the coffee cozies in that stamp set as well!  I stamped the cozy and then cut that striped straw out.  I used the Stitched Scallop Border die on the side of the banner again.  

The green banner was die cut from the Double Ended Banner Die and then stamped with a sentiment from the Sun Sentiments Stamp Set.  I scored the banner to create a little dimension and then tied a little bow with Marigold twine.

So, how about it?  Would you like to play along and have a chance at winning fabulous prizes?  Would you like to see even more inspiration from the team?  Hop on over to Karen's blog!


All you have to do to play along is make a project inspired by the graphic above.  You should use Lil' Inker Designs products as a focal point in your project but LID goodies do NOT have to be used exclusively. 

Upload your project to your blog along with the inspiration photo above and tell us how you were inspired to create your project.  Then, upload your project using a direct link to your post and the Linky Tool provided on the Lil' Inker Designs blog.  

To be eligible to win our Grand Prize you must follow the criteria above. You have until Sunday, June 2nd at 11:30 pm EST to enter.

What you can WIN......

Two lucky honorable mentions will receive $10 gift certificates to Lil' Inker Designs. Our Grand Prize Winner will receive a $50 Gift Certificate to Lil' Inker Designs - our BIGGEST PRIZE EVER!! The Grand Prize winner will also receive a badge for their blog.  Also, for every 10 challenge entries we will be giving away a stamp set to randomly chosen participants! So there really is a LOT you can win!

But wait, there's MORE! Beginning today and for the rest of May we're offering 15% off your entire order! Just enter the code SUNNYDAYS at checkout to receive your discount!

Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you'll play along in this great challenge!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore these bright, happy, sunny colors! Perfect for revving up my mojo to get creating for this challenge. I love the drink card best...so creative and so pretty!

Janice said...

Both cards are darling!

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh, I predicted something absolutely fun and bright from you :) I love your designs, they always put a smile on your face!!
Shelly

Mary-Anne V said...

fun bright colours on your card...love it.

Barb Ghig said...

Love both of your cards...so cheerful and pretty!

Taheerah said...

Love both of these Jen but I am totally gaga over the second one with all that outside-the-box thinking!! Great cards!!

Laura Pryor said...

I don't know which one I like more! I think I am going to have to go with the second card because I love love how you made a drink and straw with it! These are both lovely and so colorful Jen! Well done!

Isha Gupta said...

Both the cards are just amazing Jen. Love the bright and happy feel. The impression plate on pattern paper on the second card looks awesome. TFS

Sarah said...

How fantastic are those colors, Jen?! If I weren't already in a sunshine state of mind, these cards would totally put me there.

Suzanne said...

Jen, these are both so fun! I am so drawn to the sparkly yellow scallop border on the first one, and I just love the bright pink on the second. SEE YOU SOON!!!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...