Friday, June 17, 2011

Sunshine & Rainbows

Hello!  I have a sunshiny card to share with you today! 


This is my dad's Father's day card!  I know! Not quite "traditional" but I think it is a fun card!  I made both the rainbow and clouds glittery.  I really like how that turned out and I just LOVE how the clouds are perforate around the edge!



Of course I had to add some of The Twinery's yellow Lemondrop twine which worked perfectly with the bright rainbow colors!  I also made an embossed polka dot background on the kraft cardstock.  Both the panel and clouds are popped up with pop dots.


As one final detail I rounded the bottom corner to stay consistent with the shape of the clouds.

I based this card on a Clean & Simple sketch from several weeks ago #139.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!

Supplies
Stamps: Lil' Inkers Rainbows & Clouds
Paper: PTI Kraft, Aqua Mist, Bitty Box Paper, DCWV Glitter Paper
Ink: True Black PTI
Other: Lil' Inkers Rainbows & Clouds Dies, Lemondrop Twine from The Twinery, Kaiser Mango Pearls, Pop Dots

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Those glittered clouds with the stitch lines are just wonderful! I'm sure it will brighten your Dad's day. So many thoughtful details!

Stephanie said...

I love, love this card Jen! Those dies are too cute :)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this card, Jen! I always make a bright and 'girlie' kind of card for my Dad. Heehee. I need those stamps and dies now!

Amy Kolling said...

Well, your card turned out fantastic Jen! I think your dad will LOVE it! However, I think he would have loved the airplane route as well. The glittered rainbow was a great idea! I have mine cut out but not put together! :( Had unexpected guests this afternoon.

Christina said...

This is so fun and colorful, Jen! I love the glittered rainbow and clouds! Such a great design.

Sue Ann said...

OH MY ....... I have really tried not to look at anything with the rainbow die ....... I should have known not to open this post because I knew there would be enabling going on here ........ and I was RIGHT!!! The way the color pops off the kraft is so fantastic ...... such a super fun card Jen!!!

Kara said...

I love this...so so cute!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card! All the little details are so perfect!

Keva said...

THIS is hysterical. I JUST scheduled a blog post to go live tomorrow with the SAME stamp set and die AND mine is glittery,too. Great minds stamp alike,huh? LOL

Obviously, I adore the card and I really like the twine and the polka dot impression in the background!

Rebecca Geile said...

Such a happy card! Love this.

Rhonda said...

Love the embossed dots layer then the rainbow. CUTEEE!!!

Janelle said...

So, so cheerful, Jen... love it! Bet your dad did, too! (As usual with you, every single detail is perfect... the embossed dots, the glittery clouds & rainbow, the twine, the tiny pearls, the rounded corner... like I said, perfect!)

Stephanie said...

Jen........What a lovely, lovely card! I am just drawn to all that glittery goodness and your clouds are oh so cute!!! Perfect addition of the lemon twine and polka dot impression plate. I just love it!

AmethystCat said...

love this - great card!!

Lee Anne said...

This is wonderful! So happy and colorful! Just love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

You've really been having fun with these rainbow and cloud dies, haven't you! I love all of the cards you've made using them! I've never heard of this company, I'll have to look them up!

Katie said...

What a happy card! I love it! Love the glittery clouds and rainbow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...