Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PTI Color Challenge: Erin's Colors

Hi all!! I'm back with another challenge.  This one is a color challenge and I picked to work with Erin's color combination of Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides & Ripe Avocado. 


I kept this card and layout fairly simple.  I used the heart prints dies to make the felt hearts and the butterfly from the Love Lives Here collection for the butterfly.  After I sewed the border onto my focal  piece, I  flipped the border strip up just a little to add dimension.


I also used the canvas impression plate to add texture to the vintage cream cardstock.

The color palette I used was this:


Thanks for stopping by!!  Have a great day!


Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Beyond Basics Borders, Signature Greetings
Paper: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides
Other: Linen/Canvas Impression Plate, Heart Prints Die, Love Lives Here Die, Felt from Felt on the Fly, Fiskars Border Punch, Sewing Machine

21 comments:

jen said...

You've been BUSY!!! love all of your challenge cards!!! :D

Cathy Weber said...

The thing I like about your card the most is that flipped-up border cut. For some reason, it just jumps out at me. I zoomed right in to see how you did it. Great stitching on this one too.

Kay D said...

Beautiful- so dreamy, and I really love the felt hearts!

Christina said...

Awesome card, Jen! I love how the butterfly draws attention to the sentiment. Fabulous zig-zag stitching, too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wonderful CAS card Jen, love that adorable little heart tree :)

Inkyfingers said...

Great design, Jen I love this colour combo and you stitching is fab.

Mel said...

I really like this card... great job with the Color Challenge.

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

This card is adorable. I LOVE it! The felt hearts add so much!

Keva said...

This is really cute, Jen! I love those little felt hearts.

Kristin said...

wonderful!! the border with stitching is the absolute perfect accent :-)

Lindsay said...

I love this one! You did a great job with those colors! I like the stitching and the IP card front!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok....I need to learn to sew RIGHT NOW!!! That is my favorite part of this card! Your felt die cuts look fantastic.....and the felt is another "need" item for me! :)

Jen Adcock said...

So lovely. I adore the loveheart tree. Wish my local gardening center sold them. Fab card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love it! Simple and pretty!

Robin said...

Love this card - so pretty!

Laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love that stiching! And I so love that tree! One of my favorite sets for sure! This is an awesome card!

Kristii said...

Your card totally makes me smile!!!! I just love everything about it...especially those sweet little hearts!

Stephanie said...

Love this color palette.....almost used it myself! Your card is just beautiful! I love the simple little tree with those cute, little white hearts. Adorable!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Such a soothing card! You've added so many little details. Great job balancing the colors.

Sue Ann said...

You are killing me with all this cuteness. I saved all these posts for a moment when I was sitting ...... boy am I glad I waited ....... LOVE THEM JEN

Katie said...

Great CAS card...not only is it 'Clean and Simple', but it's also way cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...