Friday, January 7, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


I received a fun blog award lately that I wanted to share!  It is the Stylish Blogger Award!  Thanks so much Christine and Wendy!  Be sure to check out their blogs!

Rules that accompany this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to bloggers that you have recently discovered.

8 things about myself:
1.  I grew up in Kansas, went to college in Nebraska, moved to Missouri for 5 years with my husband and now we are back in Kansas near where we each grew up!
2.  Growing up I wanted to be a teacher or a missionary and am both, just not in a "professional" capacity!  LOL!
3.  My husband is a pastor.
4.  In high school I worked at our small-town grocery store.  In college I worked for four years in a library.  When I got married, I worked 3 days at Cracker Barrel (but there was no way I could get out of bed at 3:30ish a.m. every morning) and then at a large corporation in the human resources department.  When we moved to Kansas City, I was the office manager at Bott Radio Network/KCCV.
5.  I hate sandwiches.  Everyone always tries to figure out why.  It is so Un-American, I know!  I don't like lunch meat.  At all.  I don't like mayonnaise.  I don't like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches either.  But then again, I don't really care for peanut butter much either.  But I DO like hamburgers on buns and hot dogs!  (Yes, I am picky!)
6.  I love to read and am currently reading a novel by Karen Kingsbury called "Every Now & Then".
7.  I was in Forensics in high school.  I love to act but it doesn't come as easy to me as it once did.
8.  I was sent to the Principal's office twice in high school.  The first time was because I wrote my name on a bulletin board that had 1,000ish other names written on it and no "white space" left on it at all.  I had to pay to have that old bulletin board replaced.  (I still think that was dumb...lol!!) The 2nd time was when the principal told me that I would be the Salutatorian of my Senior class (and yes, I had to give a speech!). 

Now I get to share this award with 3 other bloggers whom I have recently discovered!! How fun!!

1.  Jean Martin:  I just recently discovered her blog and I tell you, I've been missing out!! She does a fabulous job putting together lots of different elements on her cards!! Beautiful work!

2.  Kelly S. Gingham Girl:  Kelly has so many fun cards on her blog! Check out her recent 2011 Top 10 post to see a sampling of her beautiful work!
3.  Debby - Lime Doodle:  I can't even tell you how much I love Debby's blog!  It was love at first sight!  She has the most adorable creations on her blog! Stunning and beautiful work sums them all up!


Make sure to take a look at these blogs and leave them a comment or two (and let them know I sent you!!)

Have a great weekend!!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Debby said...

Thank you so much Jen, very much appreciate the shout out!

Amy Kolling said...

I knew most of this Jen, but it was still nice to hear a little more about you! I still can't believe you don't like sandwiches!

Kelly S. said...

Oh now I REALLY feel special...and totally stylin'...and I have my red fleece vest and grey corduroys on to prove it! Thanks SO much, Jen! What an honor to have YOU mention me!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...