Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello From the Heart

Hi everyone!  How are you all doing? 

I have another card to share with you today using another of Verve's World Card Making Day sketches! I love their sketches!  They have a new one each week but for this special day they had 5 that you could choose from and I like them all!  This one is based on sketch #3.  I love Verve's stamps and wasn't thinking when I created this card...I didn't add in any Verve stamps!  Oops!!  If you've never checked out their stamps, you have got to take a look at their store!


I thought it would be fun to use the wreath from PTI's "Wreath for All Seasons" on this sketch.  Instead of using the traditional berries, I found that a heart fit perfectly in the "holes"!  It added a fun little twist to the wreath.  Wonder what else might fit in that space too!?


Here you can see a little better that where the single "holes" for the berries were, I added pearls.  I love the little dimension it gives!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you'd like to play along with the Verve sketches, you have until Friday to add your creations to their site by clicking on the link above!  They are super fun and addicting so watch out!!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Wreath for All Seasons, Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Simple Valentine
Paper: Rustic White, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst, Palette Landscape
Other: Quickutz Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Rhinestones

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a beautiful card Jen! The colors are so sweet and I really like the hearts added to the wreath!

Sue Ann said...

AWWW Jenn this is so cute ......... I love your use of the wreath for a sweet card!!! The embossing folder is too cool ........ and of course the color combo ...... YUMMY

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is beautiful. And love how you have changed the usual berries on the wreath to pink hearts.

Kay D said...

That is one sweet use of the wreath stamp- I love those little hearts, and your color combo, too!

Debby said...

That is so sweet. Love it.

Taheerah said...

Oh my God, that's so cute! Love those little hearts in the wreath Jen!

Chris said...

Very pretty! I like the soft colors.

Kara said...

the hearts are an adorable addition!!

Amy Kolling said...

How creative Jen! I love those teeny hearts on the wreath.....definitely makes it a wreath for all seasons! I love it!

jen said...

very cute- I've been wanting to do some french knots in those spots! :)

Stephanie said...

I just love the pink and green combination! Very pretty!

Kristii said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the color combo and the embossing is fantastic!!!

Dana said...

Eeeeek! LOVE pink and green together, and add in that awesome embossing and a gorgeous wreath and you have a wonderful card!

Laurie said...

Beautiful card! I love the pink and green! I so need to play with that wreath set!!

Erica said...

I love the pink and green together and that you used little hearts on your wreath!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So pretty! Love that color combo, and the pearls on the wreath too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...