Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Dwight!

Today is my husband Dwight's birthday!  I am such a lucky lady to have found such a wonderful husband!  He is a wonderful father, I just love watching him with the kids!  He is such a wonderful husband too!  He rubs and scratches my back every night before bed!  He is patient with me (good thing!!).  He listens to me.  He respects me.  He encourages me.  He supports me.  On and on and on.  I love thinking about how God made him just for me!   Dwight, I love you!  Thank you for who you are...to me...to the kids...to the church...to the community!   (He reads my blog...well, "read" might be a strong word, but he looks at it since it's in his Google Reader...and so that is why I put this little "tribute" to him on here!)

Ok, so enough sap!! On to the card!


I have to admit that I struggle with masculine cards.  This one looks a little too juvenile for a grown man but he is a kid at heart so maybe he'll still appreciate it! LOL!!


I used the My Favorite Things banner die to make the banner and also to make the party hat.  After I cut out the pieces the party hat just seemed fitting!

This card is based on The Clean & Simple Blog's sketch #106


Thanks so much for stopping by!! It means a lot to me!! Have a wonderful holiday!!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Dot Spot, Fiskars (Happy Birthday Sentiment)
Paper:  Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Bitty Dot Basics
Ink: Champagne VersaMark, Palette Prussian Blue
Other: Sunshine Impression Plate, MFT Banner Die, Pom Pom, Twinery Baker's Twine, Pop Dots

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Jen this is adorable! I love how you used the banner and made it a hat! The colors are so fun! And the dot spot background is perfect!!

Laurie said...

Jen this is adorable! I love how you used the banner and made it a hat! The colors are so fun! And the dot spot background is perfect!!

jen said...

Hope he has a wonderful birthday- I'm SURE he'll love his card!!! :D

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby Jen! This card is so bright and cheery and PERFECT for a grown-man's birthday!

Sue Ann said...

OH MY ..... how cute is this card. So smart to turn the banner upside down and make a hat ...... you are one smart gal and truly see all that a stamp can offer!!!

Ivanka said...

Love your card! So bright and cheery!

Michele Kovack said...

This is super cute!

Adele Fowler said...

This is really fun, love the little banners!!

Katie said...

I love this! Great idea turning the pennant piece into a hat!

Rhonda said...

Love the bright colors. Your hubby will like it.

Unknown said...

Such a fun and happy card! awesome colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...