Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sneak Peeks

I was asked to design with 3 sets from The Angel Company's newest release "Serendipty Street".  Many of my favorite samples weren't used in the publication, and I wanted to share a few with you now!  So, here we go!



This was my FAVORITE sample!  I just loved how the "ribbon berries" turned out!  I had the panel all colored and just felt it was missing something and then this idea just struck!  I punched small holes in the panel, pulled the ribbon through the hole and then knotted it and pulled the other end back down through the hole to the back. 

You can also see that the bird is paper pieced.



I colored the leaves and branch and the bird UNDER the paper pieced part with my colored pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS).



In the photo above, you can see the dimension on the card.  The bird is popped up and so is one layer of the nestabilities label die.  The ribbon is tied between the two nestabilities layers. 



This next sample uses my FAVORITE TAC set "Victorian Elements".   I was so thrilled when I was asked to design with this set.



I just love the feel of this card.  All the elements together just make me happy! :) I wish I still had it. LOL!



The main tag image is embossed with white embossing powder and the background is stamped with Brilliance Moonlight White ink.  The wavy edges on the tag and border are cut with my Cloud scissors and I punched tiny holes in the scalloped edge on the tag.





Thanks for stopping by!  I'll share more samples that didn't make it later on!  Be sure to stop back Sunday evening for a Valentine's Day blog hop!

Supplies for Bird Card
Paper:  Catelynne & Lilly Anna, Bazzill
Stamps:  TAC Little Bird & Anchor to the Soul
Ink:  Noir Palette
Other:  Colored Pencils, OMS, Ribbon, Labels 1 Nesties, pop dots, gray tombow marker

Supplies for Victorian Elements
Stamps:  Victorian Elements, Little Birds, Script Background
Paper:  Catelynne, Lilly Anna, Ultrasmooth White
Ink:  Moonlight White Brilliance, Noir Palette, Belle Rose Palette
Other:  White Embossing Powder, Buttons, TAC Ribbon, pop dots, hole punch, cloud scissors

7 comments:

Chris said...

Both are beautiful and such happy cards!

BethieJ said...

Jen these are both so CUTE! I love the colors!! They make me think of SPRING!
Have a GREAT day!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! These and the cards in Serendipity are awesome! rita w

Debra Hensley said...

Both cards are so beautiful! I love the designs and all the details. Great job!!

Christine Pennington said...

They both are absolutely awesome!

Angela K said...

Thes are just beautiful, TFS!

Julie Robinson said...

your favorite, is mine too! just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...