Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Little Bird Thanks



This is a very unlike "me" card I think!  Very busy and just...different.  I challenged myself to use gray on my card...gray cardstock and gray ink. The bird image is from TAC's newest Serendipity publication and it includes scripture verses with the set which I like.  I was fortunate enough to get to design with this one for the newest publication, but my card wasn't chosen.  I will show you the cards I made with this set soon I hope. 



The background is from PTI's "Turning a New Leaf"' set which I just happen to {heart} so much!!  SOOOO many things that you can do with this set. 

And, did you see the fun ribbon?  Well, let me give you a closeup!



The ribbon has rhinestones on it!  I went ribbon hunting at Hobby Lobby recently and I picked up 3 rolls of unique-to-me ribbon.  The first roll you saw on a card the other day...that YUMMY brown and white striped ribbon.  This is the second roll. The third roll you will see very soon.  This ribbon was pretty hard to work with because it is so stiff.  As I kept trying to tie a pretty bow with it, eventually some of the rhinestones fell off and I had to throw that piece away.  Finally I improvised and made my ribbon look like a bow although it's really just folded over and then tied in the center with the scrapper's floss and a button.  I adhered it to the card with glue dots...which are a MUST HAVE item!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think of this so-unlike-Jennifer card!! :)  Have a good day!

Supplies
Stamps: TAC Little Bird, PTI Turning A New Leaf, Verve Thanks Sentiment
Paper: Gray DCWV, PTI Sweet Blush & Spring Moss, TAC Ivory
Ink: Charcoal Palette
Other: Watercolor Pencils, Dove Blender, HL Ribbon, Rhinestones, Button, Scrapper's Floss, Nestabilities Die Labels 1, Stardust Glitter Gel Pen, Glue Dots

6 comments:

Christine Pennington said...

LOVE it!! I can't wait to get this set...I am so excited to have two sets with scriptures!

Christine Pennington said...

PS..I seen that ribbon too--I may need to go back and get some! ;)

Chris said...

Great job...even if it's not your normal style, you've got style!! Love your work and the magalogue samples are divine!

Amy Kolling said...

I like the little birdie!! I like the bow too....does anyone even need to know that it was made like that? You can hardly tell the difference! Easy peasy!

Cathy Weber said...

Very cute card. I love the way you shadowed the images.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...