Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pink Christmas

Remember those tags that I made earlier this week for the blog hop?  Well, I decided to take those and turn them into the focal images of cards.  I kept these cards super simple so the whole card, with tag, only takes 10 minutes or LESS to make! 

Today I'll share with you the first one which also happens to be my favorite of the 3 and I'll share the other 2 cards over the next few days.


This is such a fun, non-traditional color combination!  I am really liking it.  I may have to try it again.  I stamped the polka dots (from Papertrey Ink) on the pink paper in Champagne VersaMark so it has a subtle shimmer to it. 



This shows the dimension.  I used some very thin pop dots to pop up the "tag".  See that button?  I tied scrappers floss through it and left the ends to come out the bottom of the button (the underside).  Then, instead of tying it, I used a glue dot to adhere the ends down and it also adheres the button to the cardstock.



Hope you enjoyed it!

Supplies:
Paper:  Green Bazzills, TAC White Ultrasmooth, Hibiscus Burst Pink PTI
Ink:  Champagne VersaMark, Lamore Red, Moonlight White Brilliance
Stamps:  TAC Joyful Ornaments, TAC Holiday Cheer, PTI Polka Dot Basics
Other:  Ribbon, PTI button, Scrappers Floss, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Thin Pop Dots (From Hobby Lobby)

3 comments:

Junieb said...

Great Card!! I LOVE how you did the button, I am going to steal your idea :-)

Diane said...

I love the floss like that! I'm going to have to give it a whirl myself. TFS ;-)

Laurie said...

Adorable! I really like all the details! And the pd's of course! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...