Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Theme Blog Hop

Our assignment for this blog hop was to create a fall themed project. Honestly, I don't have very many fall stamps, so I had to use my imagination in a big way!


I've had on my wish list for a L-O-N-G time The Angel Company's "Edge Designs" stamp set. About a month or so ago when I was looking at it a pumpkin popped out at me! Fall! I could use these stamps for Fall! Here is what this set looks like:
Do you see pumpkins? Well, they aren't exactly there but with a little coloring, adding a stem and some "foliage" you can easily create a pumpkin patch theme!

Here are some of the projects that I came up with using this set with a Fall theme. All the images were colored with my Prismacolor Colored Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. (And, by the way, these look so cool in real life but kind of plain in the photos, so you'll just have to try it yourself and see!)

I wanted to make some one-layered cards because they are easy to mail, very economical and can be so pretty!


The one above is stamped on ivory paper. It's hard to tell in the photo.


The one above is my favorite of all! It is sooo simple yet just so "pretty"! I love, love the simplicity of it!



Here is another one that is basically the same as the ones above, but I popped it up with pop dots and matted the image. Below are some additional views of this card.




I hope you enjoyed these cards! Be sure to visit the other Angels who are participating in this blog hop! Their links are below.

Also, be sure to visit tomorrow as well and I'll show you one more card made with this set with a pumpkin theme that is a little more involved. I'm sure you'll be seeing this set used again soon on some of my Christmas cards as well. Stay tuned!

Laurie
Kim
Angela
Shirley
Julie
Trudy
Teresa
Diane
Rita W
Bridget
Jamie
Suzanne
Barb
Stacy

18 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

Those are great! Can't believe you found those pumpkins in there! I already wanted this set, now I sooooo want it! Wonderful coloring!

Diane said...

You are soooo clever! Great! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I absolutely, positively love what you did with the Edge Design Stamp Set! As soon as you said pumpkins I saw them too but doubt if I would have ever found them by myself! I will definetely be stamp lifting this idea! Love your work. rita w

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

LOVE, love, LOVE how you used to Edge Designs stamps Jen!! The pumpkin patch is genius! Love it!

Jamie said...

Way too clever! I've been eyeing those stamps too, but wasn't sure what to do with them. These are fantastic!!!

Ginger Serafin said...

Love your out of the box perspective!

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - and the winner for original is!!! - talk about thinking outside the box - you surely did. Love all of them.

Unknown said...

WOW! You definitely thought outside the box on this! How cool! Love how you used your imagination to see the pumpkin!

Trudy Osborn said...

How fuN! I don't think I would have seen those "pumpkins" if you hadn't pointed them out to me, but now I won't miss them

Kay said...

That set is on the order I am placing today - I overlooked it until I saw some great cards using it in ways I had never thought of - I'll be adding this idea to the list.
These are great cards - I'm all about the kraft cardstock and CAS cards - thanks so much for the idea!

Patti J. said...

Ha! Great idea! I have that set, and am always trying to figure out ways to use it... now I know! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

Adorable! What a fun idea! Glad I got to make one with you yesterday! :0

Kim said...

Wow love it Jen! Your sooo clever on this one! Isn't it funny when we have to think outside of the box we get some of are best cards!

Julie Robinson said...

oh - how clever :)

KellyRae said...

OMGosh! LOVE it! I see pumpkins, I see pumpkins. This set has been on my wishlist for a while. It looks like I'll just have to break down and get it too. TFS your awesome 'view'point.

Suzanne said...

Wow! what a great imagination you have. It took me forever to find your pumpkins in there. Lovely cards!

Sarah G. said...

I love what you did with this set!! So cool!!!

Laine said...

What a very creative idea - awesome job!! Your cards look great and your coloring is perfect.

Laine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...