Thursday, February 5, 2009

Floral Dingbat Valentine

I saw a card today on a blog that I just absolutely loved and I decided to recreate it TAC style. You can see the card that inspired me here. I am thrilled with how my version turned out!

First, I ordered TAC's brown cardstock recently and let me tell you, I love that stuff! It is a great color and a nice quality cardstock. That is the brown cardstock that I used on this card. I also used Kraft cardstock which is the same quality as the brown. The pink is Bazzill.

To recreate the patterned paper I took my pink Bazzill paper and stamped the "Floral Dingbats" stamp in Moulin Rouge Palette ink to create a pattern. I then attached it to the brown cardstock after inking the edges in Burnt Umber Palette ink. I used a Martha Sterwart punch to create the white scalloped border (I couldn't resist it when I saw the scallops).

I don't know how well you can see the dimention on the card but the brown label die cut is on pop dots and then the pink die cut is on pop dots on top of that. It gives quite a nice bit of dimension to the card. Here's another view that might help you see that better.

The ribbon is from TAC's Juliette Ribbon pack. Isn't it gorgeous? Who would have thought that it would ever be paired up with Moulin Rouge ink? But, stamped on pink the ink and ribbon work very well together!

The heart from "Love Doodles" is colored in with my pink souffle pens (another must have item!!) and then I put stickles around the box to add sparkle.

This was such a fun card to make! I just love how it turned out!

5 comments:

Sarah G. said...

This is so pretty! You did a fab job. Your photos look great, too!

Sarah G.

Laurie said...

I {heart} this card! This is a fantastic card! It is amazing how you can love a stamp set from one sample! Soooo cute!

Laurie said...

Oh, I also love google reader! :):)

Becky said...

I love this card! Everything about it is beautiful. I love the scallop punch. I might need to try to recreate it!

Barb said...

Very pretty, Jennifer! Layout, scallop border... all of it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...