Monday, June 18, 2007

Masculine Cards & Contact Me

I am so sorry that I haven't posted for a while now! I have been so busy getting ready for The Angel Company's Seminar next week that I just haven't taken the time to update my blog. But, I have been working! I've made over 100 cards to trade with other Angels at seminar and I've almost completed another 25 special trades. I still have a few other things to wrap up before then too but I still have a little time left!!

Masculine cards...

Well, there is nothing easy for me about creating a masculine themed card. But, I had a swap to complete that was for a masculine birthday card so I had to come up with something!! Here's what I made:



What I LOVE about this card is how it folds. The blue flap doesn't go to quite the center of the card and then the red image piece is attached to that. I used scalloped scissors to cut the edge of the card to add a little visual interest. You can't really see this in the picture, but there is a little bit of gold stickles on the bike's bell.
Stamp sets used all by TAC: Beach Fun (bike), Keep on Cluckin' (chick, saying), Paisley Rockz (yellow stamps inside card), Soft Spoken (red sentiments)
**EDITED TO ADD: I've had an inquiry as to how I achieved the look of making the bike have both red & black color on it. Simple! I first inked it with red ink and then took my Noir (black) Palette Spot and inked the edges of the bike with that. Since I made more than one of this card, on the others, I also added a little black ink to the center of the bike as well. After the ink was applied to the stamp how I wanted it, I stamped the image on my paper and that is all I did to achieve this look!**
Contact Me...
If you have tried to use the "Contact Me" button on the top of my blog on the left-hand side, your email probably bounced. SORRY!!! I had it set up wrong! But, it is fixed now so if you tried to email me before and couldn't, please try again!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love how you stamped the bike...stamping in red and then adding detail with a black pen (I assume). I tend to not use solid images, but now I'm anxious to try that bike stamp that's been sitting in it's case. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that?!?! I love your layouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...