Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Make Your Own Buttons!!

I was working on some samples using embossing for a FunShop that I have tonight and finally experimented with an idea that I had originally seen about a year ago.

The button on the page was one that I custom made! It was so simple and you can do it too!

I took the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine that TAC carries (but you can buy chipboard--like cardboard--at Hobby Lobby and cut it out yourself or you can buy precut chipboard shapes and TAC carries some too) and cut a square out of chipboard & out of the TAC Mulberry Meadows paper (LOVE that paper--isn't it gorgeous!!). Then, I rounded the corners of the paper with a corner rounder punch & glued the piece onto the chipboard. Then, I rounded the corners of the chipboard with a scissors and sanded them with an emery board. I then coated the top of the chipboard/paper piece with VersaMark & Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE--also carried in the TAC catalog) and then heated. I repeated this two or three times.

After the piece was cool, I outlined the side edges of the chipboard with Eggplant VersaMagic Chalk Ink so that none of the original cardboard was showing. I punched two holes in the center of the square with my crop-a-dile and stamped the word "joy" (from the TAC Nurture Your Soul word set) with Noir Palette Ink and let it dry (it took a little while to dry). Then, I inserted the ribbon and attached to the page!

Wala! Custom buttons!!!! I tried to get a picture of the button itself but I couldn't get the picture to focus properly. The size of this card is 4.25 x 4.25.

Have fun making buttons and let me know if you have any questions! You can email me at jentac@inmanks.net.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love that paper :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...