Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Thankful Scene

Hello! Happy October!  Last time I posted on my blog I shared a very bright, summery card even though it was Fall. Today I have a more appropriate card to share that is fitting for the current season.

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene 2

For this card I started with the new Framed Four Square Window die from Frantic Stamper.  I used that die to cut the blue striped patterned paper to create the windows.  I knew that I wanted to create a scene with some of the dies from the village set.  I took a piece of navy cardstock and first die cut it with the Starfall Reverse Cut die (probably one of the dies from Frantic Stamper on the top of my LOVE list, as there are just so many ways to use it!).  Then, I again used the Framed Four Square Window die to cut the navy windows.  I backed them with yellow cardstock to make the stars pop. 

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene Closeup 1

I positioned the navy pieces where I wanted them and then cut the moon with the Village Sky die set.  I cut two sizes of trees with the Village Trees & Shrubs die set.  These dies are perfectly sized to create scenes using this square die!  The house is from the Suburb House die collection.  You've seen me use it before, I really like it! :) I added a little puffy blue heart as an accent on the house. For the sentiment I die cut the beautiful Thankful with the Thankful word die.  I used some of the stars that were cut when I die cut the navy cardstock as accent pieces to frame the Thankful sentiment.

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene Closeup 2

Here is a side angle.  You can see the dimension (and a loose corner on the bottom piece...oops!).  

Thank you for stopping by! I am thankful for YOU my blog readers too! :)

1 comment:

Kathy Berger said...

Jen, this is SO CUTE! I love how you used the various dies to make suce a cute little scene; it is really fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...