Thursday, April 23, 2015

Happy, Happy Birthday!


Hey everyone!  Today I have a card to share that I started months & months ago!  It originally didn't turn out how I wanted it to and then I was stuck so I set it aside.  Recently I finally figured out how to finish it! :)

Jen Carter Whimsy Bday Color 1.2

When the Birthday Large Word die from Clearly Whimsy first came out one of the first things I did was cut it a whole bunch of times in different colored cardstock.  My idea was then to cover it with vellum and add sequins to make a shaker panel.  And it looked really cool!  BUT...I made my vellum all wrinkled by the time I sewed all of the way to the end.  :(  I was SO sad that I had spent all of that time on the card for it to be wrecked.  I pulled the vellum off and was left with no ideas to finish it.

Jen Carter Whimsy Bday Color Closeup 1.1

When I went back to it a few weeks ago, I ended up kind of liking how the vellum was torn around the edges, almost like a present had been unwrapped so I kept that part of the card intact.  Later I went in and added the little flags that I stamped the sentiment and decorations on from the Birthday Balloon set.  I finished it off by adding some enamel dots in fun colors.

So sometimes a card can be salvaged even when it feels hopeless! :)  

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...