Friday, January 30, 2015

Thanks with Lanterns


Hi!  It's Friday!! Yea!!  I always love those words! LOL!

Jen Carter Whimsy Thanks Lifting Me Up Up Away

When I got the Clearly Whimsy Up, Up & Away stamp set, this was the first card I made with it.  I used the stamps from that set that could have been hot air balloons or tree tops as lanterns. I don't know what it is about things that hang, but I really like them!  LOL!  So, I decided to use these stamps to create something a little different.

Jen Carter Whimsy Thanks Lifting Me Up Up Away Closeup

To create the dotted line that the lanterns are hanging from, I carefully cut apart the two stitched border stamps from Basic Backgrounds & Borders 1.  I curved the stitched stamp on my block and stamped where I wanted them on my cardstock.  Then, I started stamping my lanterns in various colors, trying to keep the spacing fairly even.  I stamped the sentiment from Up, Up & Away Additions and then added some sequins to finish the card off.

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes & the Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge



Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is super cute, Jen! Great use of the balloons.

Bobby said...

Love your lanterns, Jen. This might be a good entry at ShowCASe Your Style. Check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...