Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Teacher Thanks...A Little Early!

It is so hard to believe that my summer break is almost over!! In less than 2 weeks I go back to work! AHHHH!  I'm not ready yet!!  But I am thankful for my job and I really do enjoy it, so that helps!

With school on my mind, I made a card for my daughter's teacher in anticipation for needing one this coming school year.

Jen School Spirit 7.15.14

I was inspired by a sketch from the Clean & Simple challenge blog.  I used several Whimsy stamp sets that work so well together!  I started with my sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps School Spirit stamp set.  Then, I used various stamps from Whimsy's School Spirit, Smarty Pants & Happy Everything sets. 

    Jen School Spirit Closeup 7.15.14

    My daughter's teacher is a big K-State fan so I went with a purple theme for the card.  That was kind of hard for me being a Jayhawk fan!  The rest of the color scheme was built around the purple.  I find it very difficult for some reason to photograph this particular color of purple, so the colors are a little off in the photo.


    This is the sketch that inspired me from the Clean & Simple Stamping challenge blog.

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Whimsy Happy Hello, School Spirit, Smarty Pants
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles
Ink: Amuse Grape, Lime & Bubblegum, Avery Elle Orchid, Mimosa & Aquamarine
Twine: Purple Shimmer Twinery
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh 4 mm clear

5 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the colors and cute little images you stamped on your card, Jen, that's really a cool sketch!!

chera said...

What a darling card!!! Love it. Love the colours! Love the stamps you used! Just perfect!

Becky Carafa said...

Two weeks?!! Yikes! I love your mix of colors and how perfectly random your images are.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so pretty.... love how you stamped along the side.. perfect blend of images and colors..

Amy Kolling said...

I love the non-traditional colors for a teacher! And btw.....the purple looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...