Saturday, April 26, 2014

Brighter Days!

**Be sure to check out my stamps & dies for sale on the Stamps for Sale tab above ! I just updated with new stamps & dies this week!**

Hey all!  How are things going?  It's the weekend!! Yea!! I don't know why this week seemed so long, maybe because it was so busy!  Now I'm putting off working on my garage sale for next Saturday but as soon as I finish this post I've told myself I have to go back to work on pricing and sorting, pricing and sorting...

I wanted to share a card I've been working on.  I LOVE the cute stamp set that is in the April Simon Says kit (that is the first kit I have EVER purchased!).  I don't know what it is about the light bulb image but I love it!  And the font just calls my name too!  I couldn't wait to use it!

Brighten Day Flowers 1.2

I was also excited to play with PTI's Embellished Elegance set!  I know it seems like an unlikely pair but I was inspired by this pin on Pinterest.  



I've seen others like this but how cool are flowers in a light bulb!?

Brighten Day Flowers Closeup Side

I stamped the light bulb (in hindsight I should have embossed it in black because I had a little trouble with the ink bleeding) and then took out my waterbrush pen and Avery Elle's Sea Glass ink pad to watercolor some water into the bottom of the bulb.  I have to say how much I LOVE these ink colors from Avery Elle!  I was the luckiest girl when I won their entire ink collection!  The colors stamp so beautifully and they are gorgeous!

Brighten Day Flowers Side

I was also inspired by all of the flowers that have had black or gray leaves on them lately.  It's a really elegant look! 

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamps Clean & Simple challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the card!! Have a GREAT weekend!

Supplies
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Watts Up, PTI Embellished Elegance
Dies: PTI Embellished Elegance
Inks: Avery Elle Sea Glass & Mint to Be; Fresh Ink Provencial Gray & Melon; A.Muse Buttercup; Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  PTI Melon Berry & Soft Stone; Acquarello Watercolour Paper by Fabriano
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Style Board
Other: Dimensionals 3M

4 comments:

Alrik said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

Laurel Beard said...

So pretty! Love this and the unique way you showcased the lightbulb. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kara said...

super cool design!

Amy Kolling said...

What an awesome inspiration photo Jen!!! You brought elements from it to your card and made it fantastic!!! Now you need to stop using the AE ink! hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...