Saturday, July 6, 2013

Thankful Chevron

Hello!  I hope you all are having a nice weekend!  I'm getting ready to head to the dirt track races to watch my husband race but first I wanted to share a card I made this afternoon.

I found a couple of challenges to play with.  I used Sketch 93 from Freshly Made Sketches & also the Friday Mashup Challenge #117 Tic-Tac-Toe.

Thankful Chevron 1.1

I went with a fun, playful theme!  On vacation I purchased a paper pad by Heidi Swap called "Serendipity" that I used for the patterned paper background.  For the mashup tic-tac-toe challenge, I chose to work with "blue, butterflies & buttons" and also used a few of my favorite things.  I colored the butterfly wood piece  white with my white ink pad and then stamped the polka dots across it with a stamp in Avery Elle's "Picture It" stamp set.  A few of my favorite things that I used on this card are: PTI's Chevron Plate Vertical, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Frames Squares Die, a white enamel dot, Simon Says Stamp sentiment & dimensionals.




Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Lots of Thanks, Avery Elle Picture This
Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp Serendipity
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mat Squares, PTI Vertical Chevron Cover Plate
Card Stock: Aqua Mist PTI
Butterfly: Michaels
Buttons: Hawaiian Shores PTI
Ink: Raspberry Fizz PTI

7 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Jen this is soooo pretty! Love the chevron/dot combination.

Lisa said...

Fantastic card! I love how the chevron background really pops, along with the yellow ribbon. The different sized buttons and the pretty butterfly were the perfect touches!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Amy O said...

I LOVE this card! I love the chevron die-cut background, and these colors are so lovely together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

That chevron die is just too cool! Love the paper you chose behind it too! So many fun details on this!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable! I love the fresh colors and the chevron die-cut background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy Kolling said...

The chevron looks awesome with this orientation!!! I love how you can see the pattern paper you've used behind it!

hollybeary creations said...

This is so pretty.. I love that Chevron. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...