Monday, March 25, 2013

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

Hey everyone!

I'm here with a quick post today for Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop.  The theme this month was to make a card with sequins.


I stamped my little square that I die cut with Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats Squares with PTI's Folk Art stamp set and used sequins to accent the flowers.  I used the Striped stamp set to stamp the stripes on the gray paper and also on the red paper behind the gray that I offset just a little bit.


I also used a few sequins at the top of my card.  I used one of the hexagon stamps to stamp the pattern on my wood butterfly.  I love how this turned out!

This card was based on this sketch by "CAS(E) this Sketch!"


Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great day!

16 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I love your take on the sketch, and your placement of the sequins.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Jen! I love it!!

Crafty Kate said...

Really cute!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty!

Carolanne said...

So pretty! Love the layout!

Beverley said...

Super pretty, really caught my eye in the CAS(E) this Sketch! Gallery xx

Kelly S. said...

I just love the colors on this, Jen! Beautiful coloring and cutting of the Folk Art pieces...they are so perfect that they look like stickers!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous colour combination! I love the font of the sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kara said...

great card!! Love the flowers!

Jacquie Southas said...

So pretty - love the sequin flower centers!

Amy Kolling said...

Ack! I love this Jen! I love how you used this stamp set and with the sequin embellishments!!! I caved and bought this set........now for more sequins I guess! BTW....I'm off to HL thanks to you!!! Hehe

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Kristii said...

So very pretty!! The colors are very striking and I love the flowers and sequins!!

Jen W. said...

Awesome use of that folk art stamp and I love the sequins in the corner! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card and take on the sketch! I love the colors and the details on the card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

victoria h said...

love the depth on your card and use of sequins - beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...