Friday, March 22, 2013

Celebrate Today!

It's hard to believe that our Spring Break is almost over!  I wouldn't mind another week off, it just goes by so quickly!

So to celebrate Spring, I have a very Springy card to share based on this week's WPlus9 Mood Board.

Celebrate Today 2

I started with a rectangle panel die cut with one of Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mat Rectangle dies.  The photo that we were to draw our inspiration from was an Easter photo, but since I didn't have Easter stamps I went with the color scheme and the theme of "hope".  I used the WPlus9 A Pocketful stamp set to stamp the pocket, sentiment and sun.  I also used the green lace image from one of my all time favorite WPlus9 sets, Mehndi Medallions at the bottom of my panel that was based on the grass in the photo (shown below).


Here is the inspiration photo from the Mood Board.


I can't help but showing you a close-up of the twine I used for this card that I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of it!  It is a new twine from The Twinery called Blossom Iridescent Shimmer.  LOVE it!


Those clouds are designed by my friend Laurie.  You can see the whole set here.  I added a few pearl sequins to sparkle things up a bit.
 
I am also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp blog challenge for this week which is to make a Spring card!

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope  you have a fabulous day!



9 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Such a cute card Jen, I love the "lacy" grass :)

DoBea A. said...

This is so pretty!!

Amy Kolling said...

This is just what I needed to see today!! SPRING!!! The green border at the bottom was perfect and the splattering of the sequins?? LOVE!

Kara said...

super cute...love the springy colors!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a Beautiful Card!! I LOVE all of the added details and your take on the challenge photo!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jen :-) I love how you used the pocket die ,,, very cute design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Dawn said...

Love the pink clouds! Such a whimsical design, makes me long for some warmer temps! Thanks for playing!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!! I love the colors and design! We could all use a pocketful of sunshine! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Jeanne J. said...

EEK! How did I miss this? I should have found you just from this one over at WPLUS9 Jen!!! Love that pocket full of sunshine and the pretty pink clouds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...