Saturday, March 2, 2013

Avery Elle: February AEI♥U Challenge

Welcome!! How are you?  Things are beginning to warm up a little here in Kansas!  We had four snow days and now it's back to our normal routines.  I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be very slushy as the snow really melts!  I am so ready for Spring!! :)

Today I wanted to share I card I made for the February AEI♥U Challenge.  I adored the challenge photo, it was so beautiful!  

Wonderful Fabric Flowers 3

This is the card I made that was inspired by the inspiration photo below.  I loved the color scheme from the photo, but also tried to pull in several other themes that caught my eye in the photo as well.


The elements that I pulled from the photo into my card were the denim (from the flower vase which I thought was adorable and I'd love to try sometime) and the fabric from the yellow chevron table runner, and of course the colors.  


As you can see, I used the blue from the denim as a accent color and also used a strip of denim fabric for the bow and one of the rolled flowers.  I also used fabric to make the yellow chevron flower and the pink flower.  And, instead of chevron, I used a herringbone pattern to tie everything together.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the card!  If you'd like to play along with the Avery Elle Challenge, you have until Sunday, March 3rd to add your card!  Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh I love what you've done...awesome card..love the colors and your blooms.

Amy Kolling said...

Jen I LOVE your interpretation of the photo!!! You changed it up but I totally love the denim and the rolled flowers!!! SO so pretty!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely, Jen! I love your take on the inspiration photo!

Avery Elle said...

I love your use of denim and the texture it adds to your card. This is so so lovely!

Laurie said...

I love how you pulled the denim from this picture! Your card is gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...