Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Very Vellum Birthday

Hey everyone!!  I'm so glad you stopped by today!

I have a fun birthday card to share today using vellum.  And...be sure to read the entire post because I have a GREAT source for vellum & a great trick for attaching vellum to your cards so the adhesive doesn't show!

Dreams Take Flight


This is a card that I had originally made for the January Lil' Inker Designs release and have yet to share!  I wanted to make some balloons that looked semi-transparent like real balloons are, so I searched online to find some bright vellum.  I found the perfect colors and I am going to share that great discovery with you in a little while.

To make this card, I used various sizes & shapes of the Lil' Inker Designs balloon dies and various colors of vellum.  I stamped the balloon string in black ink and then glued the various Twinery Twine to the bottom of the balloon.  I love that the balloon string can be moved around on the block to make it go a different way each time.  I used one of the middle sizes of the Stitched Rectangle Mats as the bottom layer on the card.


I found my vellum at an online store called Paper & More.  They have all kinds of vellum options to choose from...whites, metallics, pastels, speckled, dark & brights (which I used for this card).  The best thing?  You can buy it by the sheet as samples (and get how ever many you'd like) and shipping is a FLAT $1 no matter how many pieces you'd like!  AND...if you like the woodgrain paper, they have that too! :)  I was so impressed with their service, that I just had to share them with you!

And...one more little tidbit!  Don't you just hate trying to adhere vellum to your cards and not having the adhesive show?  Well, Paper & More also has vellum adhesive sheets that I purchased.  These are fantastic!  I cut the balloon shapes out with the adhesive shapes & then backed my vellum with it and you can't see the adhesive at all because the adhesive fits perfectly!  LOVE!!

Well, thanks for visiting!! If you try Paper & More out, I'd love to know!

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How cute is this? Those vellums are so fun!!

Amy Kolling said...

Absolutely adorable with the little twine ties!!!! Did I really need another place to shop?? Yep! I did! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...