Tuesday, January 1, 2013

AEI♥U Challenge

Happy New Year!!  It is so hard to believe that 2012 is gone and we are already welcoming in 2013!  Time has flown this year!  I'm sure that that is partly to blame for the fact that after being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years I'm working part time again (and really enjoying it).  I don't have as much time on my hands as I use to but I am so enjoying the opportunities that have presented themselves to me and my family this year.

I've spent most of this week cooped up in the house sick and so the plus side to that was that I found my way to my craft table just for the FUN of it!

Today I'm going to share two cards using the Framed Fonts set from Avery Elle and the new Shimmer Twine from The Twinery.
 
 
This first card uses a color combination that I really like but don't bring out very often.  I paired it up with twine from The Twinery, including the new Gold Shimmer twine that I can't quit using!  It adds just a touch of sparkle that my eye just seems to be drawn to!


This next card also uses the same Avery Elle sentiment set, Framed Fonts, but I went in a completely different direction with the look.  I love how the sentiments can fit in the frame vertical or horizontal!  I used more of the Twinery's Gold Shimmer twine on this card.  I also really like how there are several choices of images to put between the arrows!  I love being able to change things up.

I am entering both of these cards into Avery Elle's new AEI♥U  challenge.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a very blessed new year!


6 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy new year Jen...love the gorgeous patterned papers you used!

Elf Designs said...

Hi I love both of your cards. They are a gorgeous design. Happy new year. Hugs Em x

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, both of your cards are just too cute. I love that set from Avery Elle and what you did with it. Happy New Year!

Avery Elle said...

I just love both of these cards. I LOVE the shimmery twine and your combination of colors in the sentiments!

Amy Kolling said...

I don't think I can choose a favorite!!! I love how you stamped the frame in coordinating colors and the addition of the twine!! (But the purple one kinda is my fab!)

Tracey McNeely said...

Okay both are my favourite. You have such a knack for patterned paper Jen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...