Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fly Away With Me

**This is my 2nd post today! Please scroll down to see my color challenge thank you card!  Thanks!!**

Hi again everyone!!  As I mentioned above, this is my 2nd post!  I have had an idea in my head for a really long time and today I was able to incorporate part of it into a card!  It was so much fun to put it all together!  So without further ado, let's get to the card!


I love to play with PTI's Up, Up & Away set and I thought it would be so much fun to make the balloons into heart shaped balloons!  This idea can be used for events other than Valentine's Day, but I chose to go with a V-day theme for this one.  I took my twine and a large holed needle with a sharp tip and stitched the balloons.  Then I used pop dots of varying thickness to give them dimension and depth. 


I almost always use my PTI Sunshine Impression Plate when I use my balloons but this time I wanted to think outside the box and as I was looking through my plates, I found this Giga Guidelines one.  I've never used this side of it before and thought it was the perfect time to give it a try.  It makes a FUN sun...especially for a lovey Valentine's card!  LOL!  Such an unexpected element!


This photo shows you the dimension and depth of the balloons a little better (the felt doesn't look that wrinkled in real life but the photo captures it all!).  Hopefully you can see how the small white heart isn't popped up quite as much as the larger red heart. 

I wanted to make sure that part of my go-to sentiment panel was highlighted more than some of the other words so I went with black & red ink for the main sentiment and then used my Palette Cognac ink (a nice krafty color) to fill in the other sentiments. 

This card is for the PTI Make it Monday Go-to Sentiment Challenge and also utilizes Lisa's Color Challenge colors as well.   


Thank you so much for stopping by today!!  Have a great day!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps:  Up, Up & Away, Fillable Frames, Beyond Basic Borders, Heart Prints, Heartfelt Basics, Simple Valentine
Paper: Kraft, Spring Rain, Vintage Cream
Ink:  True Black, Pure Poppy, Palette Cognac
Other: Giga Guidelines Impression Plate, Twine, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch, Cream Button, Felt

19 comments:

Kara said...

Ahhhhh.i LOVE this!!!

Keva said...

Jen, this is TOO cute! I love the hearts and the layout. Really pretty.

Renee said...

Love this!
Those heart balloons are just too adorable...
and this just came together beautifully.

Amy Kolling said...

What a fabulous idea Jen! I love the stitching on your heart balloons.....what a great way to get more use out of the button bits sets! I've had a similar idea to do with felt lately and will now HAVE to try it! Serious cute card!

Kay D said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the heart balloons!

Eileen Fields said...

Love the stiching on the card! I have a set from CTMH and stiched Martha Stewart Heart border punch. Yeah, 4 more ideas!

Cathy Weber said...

So nice that this card works for both challenges. I love those red felt heart balloons. What a great idea. You are the queen of impression plate use, at least in my opinion. I am always inspired by the texture of your cards.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sweet! Love the heart balloons.

Eva said...

What a FABULOUS idea...gonna have to use it!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Terri said...

Super cute. Love how you used felt hearts for the balloons.

Christina said...

This is adorable, Jen. I especially like the twine around the edges of the hearts!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Oh I really like how you threaded the twine through the hearts & buttons, super cute!

Laura Isham said...

Jen, this is a stunner! Love, love, love it!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is adorable, Jen! I like how the impression plate almost looks like a sun. Those hot air balloons are cute!

Huguenot Girl said...

Jen this so cute! I absolutely adore it! Nx

Sue Ann said...

LOVE at first sight!!! the heart balloons are too much for me ...... so so cute!!!

Risa said...

I love all things felt! What a FUN card.

Katie said...

I seriously thought I'd already left a comment on this...I peeked at it during the anniversary festivities and loved it at the time...still love it now! I especially like the subtlety of the embossed Spring Rain layer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...