Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Amy! (Mini Blog Hop)

Today is Amy's (ahhem) birthday!!  And, to celebrate a few friends decided to host a mini-blog hop for her! 

What can I say about Amy?  Well, as a cardmaker Amy is phenomenal!  I've known her since 2006 and I loved her style since the moment I saw it!  Back then she was a demonstrator for a rubber stamping company that I joined (and she had been asked by that company to design card samples for their catalogues!) and we were (sort of) on the same team.  The first time I met her was at a team meeting.  Since then she has grown so much as a cardmaker and I have loved seeing her style progress even more through the years! 

As a person Amy is top-notch!  I feel so fortunate to get to visit with her almost every week but do wish we lived closer (Tim, they have radio stations down here if you happen to be reading this!! LOL!!)!  She is caring and compassionate about her work and those she works with, which I know can be very emotionally draining on her.  She is also such a wonderful friend.   So often we see things the same way and are "on the same page" so to say.  She always takes the time to hear how I am doing and what is going on with me.  If she wants to remember an important date or wants to remember to ask me about something she writes it down so she doesn't forget.  That is just the kind of person she is...kind, thoughtful, caring, sweet, etc.  She enables me too...oh goodness, maybe too much!  But I bet she's also enabled you too if you've visited her blog so you know what I mean!

Well, I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure that that might be all the mush you can take!  So, on to Amy's birthday card. 

This is a bright one, but I wanted it to be FUN and to be a card that celebrates!


Amy and I both waited FOREVER for PTI to come out with a banner set so I KNEW I had to use banners on her card and twine too!  Amy is also a genius when it comes to using the Big & Bold Wishes set, so I knew I wanted to incorporate that into the card as well.   I told you it was bright!! :)


This summer Amy, Laurie, Barb & I took a shopping trip to Kansas City and I went on the search for this paper by Cosmo Cricket called "DeLovely".  So, that was something else that I wanted to use on her card...plus if I want bright THIS paper has it!! :)

Amy, I hope you have a happy birthday!! Thank you for being such a special friend! I am better for having you in my life! :)  Have fun on your trip and I can't wait to hear what new goodies you find!

And, I did say this is a blog hop so hop on over to these blogs to see more cards made in honor of Amy's birthday!

Laurie
Barb
Sue Ann
Eva

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps:  Banner Builder, Big & Bold Wishes
Paper: White, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, True Black, VeraMagic Turquoise Gem, Palette Landscape
Other: Banner Builder Dies, Fiskars Border Punch, Twinery Twine

21 comments:

Laurie said...

This is very cute! You and those banners...you do such cute things with them!

Sue Ann said...

SO HAPPY AND PERKY ...... AND FULL OF LIFE!!! LOVE IT

Lindsay said...

What a fun cheery card Jen! Such a wonderful thing to do for Amy!

Anonymous said...

I too waited for a long time for the banners!! Yippee! So glad they listened to their fans. Now this card right here, right up my alley! Bright happy colors. Love it!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, sorry I'm just seeing your post....I woke up with a horrible headache. Where do I start? I'm smiling from ear to ear. This is just one of the sweetest things anyone has done for me! A blog hop for me?! I am truly blown away by your thoughtfullness and all the "mush"! :) I don't know what I'd do without you to talk to and I too feel that we are "on the same page" a LOT of the time! I am so glad that I roomed with you and Laurie at the TAC seminar and got to know you better and found out that you have a love for PTI like me! Where would we be if this hadn't happened? :) Your card is just beautiful and of course I love the banner and the twine you enabled me to buy! LOL Thanks for such a great big smile on my birthday!

Linda said...

Great card! Love your banner treatment and the scalloped stripes. It's little details like that that make your work so interesting!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a bright, cheery, and FUN card!!! I LOVE IT!!! And I love how each of the pieces you incorporated into the card have a special meaning!!! What a fabulous friend you are!

Unknown said...

Very bright and happy! Love that paper and the sentiments are a fav of mine!

Tricia said...

Very Cute!!!

Taheerah said...

This is such a stunner Jen, love it!! So bright and cheery!!

Christine Pennington said...

Absolutely love the bright colors--Amy is pretty lucky to have you as her friend.

Lee Anne said...

What a bright and beautiful card for a bright person in your life! Just beautiful!

Janelle said...

Love the card, Jen! I think it's perfect... the colors... the banner... the twine... the scallops... yes, perfect!

Unknown said...

Amy is one lucky person to have a friend like you, I just love this card! love how brigt it is! excellent job!

Daniela F. said...

Oh, this is so cheery and bright! What a fun card :)

Daniela F. said...

Oh, this is so cheery and bright! What a fun card :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Ooooh! So festive! You have done some amazing work wit that stamp set!

KimB said...

Hi Jen,

the colours just scream - party time! Love the little banners and the little peek of stripy scallop edging. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving so many lovely comments :)
Kim

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

LOVE the yellow! Great card Jen! Happy New Year!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card! Love the bold and bright banner!

Suzanne said...

Jen, another great card! I love the brightness of that yellow and how the banners complete the card without stealing the show - I love this idea and I may have to try this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...