Thursday, November 11, 2010

God Bless You!

Hello!! I have quite a few things to share with you today and so this post is quite photo heavy!  Last week I needed to make quite a few thank you cards and so I wanted to make a design that I could easily mass produce!  Well, a one-layered card would have been perfect but I was feeling a little more ambitious than that, so I made quite a few small embellishments that I could layer on top of each other. 

The first thing I started with were these:


Oh how FUN!!! I went through my PTI buttons and found the perfect sized buttons in lots of different colors!  I used a flower punch to punch the shapes from an old book and from old sheet  that I picked up at an antique shop for a quarter!  I had so much fun making these and they went so fast!  I have quite a few left over to use on future projects too!  Next on my list is to make these with felt and twine from The Twinery!!


I made 20 or so cards just like these!  I went through all my PTI scrap cardstock pieces and found scraps just the right size for the borders and used a border punch on them.  I also used a quickutz folder to emboss the background (yes, that got old running all those through the Big Shot I have to admit, LOL!).

 
It was so fun mixing different color combination together, some of which I never would have thought of but since the button is such a small splash of color, there were so many possibilities that would work and not overwhelm the card! 


These were fun to make! I love how just adding a tag to your card can really dress it up fast!

Also, I just added some new button rings to my Etsy shop (several of which use PTI's buttons!!) and wanted to share those with you real quick.  If you are interested in visiting my shop, you can click on the Etsy link to the right or click here.






Triple Stacked (Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise/Melon, Scarlet Jewel)

If you'd like to see other rings that I have for sale, be sure to visit Jen's Ink Spot on Etsy!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed the cards and rings!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Verve Joy for the Journey & Sweet Scallop Tag
Other:  Fiskars Border Punch, PTI Buttons (various colors), twine from antique store, ribbon, pop dots, Quickutz Embossing Folder, Verve Sweet Scallops Tag Die

11 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely cards! Each is unique with the different scrap pieces. The button embellies are perfect! Beautiful rings too!

Kim O'Connell said...

SOOOOOOOOO creative! Impressive!

Linda said...

I'd call that slightly more than a few.What fun! The flowers are adorable and they add so much to some great cards.

Eva said...

I really like the floweres having the text and the buttons for the centers..I,too, like that each one is different. Like the butterfly on the button ring!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Jen these embellies are soo pretty and they made these thank you's just perfect! I like each and every one as they are all different. And what a great way to use up those scraps!

Your button rings are just so pretty.....I like how you did the wire on the Butterfly ring. Creative!

BTW, thanks for being a very listening ear today! I needed to talk!

Laurie said...

Wow you have been busy! These flowers are gorgeous! Love those cards!! And your rings are so pretty as always!! Love them!

Huguenot Girl said...

Jen these cards are super cute and love how you have used up your scraps! Thanks for the inspiration! Nicole x

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my, these are AMAZING! The card set is so fabulous that I may have to order from Verve SOON. Those rings are stunning and would make great gifts!

C Stephens said...

Fantastic cards Jen. You have inspired me...my holiday cards are looming and this would be a great way to use up scraps and have some fun with supplies I already have...thanks for the inspiration!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your cards are WONDERFUL! Great way to use paper scraps too! LOVE the rings, so pretty!

Katie said...

That pile of flowers is just so happy! I love the rings too...of course!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...