Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Stamp Cleaner

I know that many of you who follow my blog may already know this, but recently someone on the PTI forums linked us to a blog with a "miracle" stamp cleaner (her terms).  I don't know about you, but I get so frustrated sometimes with how brown and icky my stamps get AFTER I clean them with my stamp scrubber from the ink residue and stamp cleaner all left behind.  I recently tried using baby wipes instead but didn't really like that option either.


So, after reading about "The Absorber" on this blog, I went out and bought one.  Let me tell you, it is wonderful!  The absorber "captures" the ink so it doesn't get back onto my stamps as I try to clean them.  It is washable!  So, when it is old and yucky I can throw it in the washing machine and it is as good as new! 

It comes on a roll in a tube.  I cut mine to twice the size of my stamping scrubber and then folded it over, so it is 2 layers thick in the tray.  When I close the scrubber tray, the absorber stays wet and it doesn't get moldy!! YEA!!  If you happen to forget and leave it out and it gets hard, all you have to do it re-wet it and it's as good as new!  When I feel like it needs more stamping solution, I just spray a little on and start cleaning.  If  I'm using a stamp that is larger than my scrubber tray I take the cloth out and wipe my stamp clean. 

If you don't own a stamp scrubber, that's ok!  You can store this in a plastic bag or one of the plastic cases that your stamps came in (if you use TAC or SU! stamps).  Then, just take it out each time you need to use it.

If you've tried it, I'd love to hear what you think!  If you haven't and you're fed up with the traditional methods of "cleaning" your stamps, try this out!  It's about $10 at Walmart or Target and you'll have plenty left over after cutting your pieces!

3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I wasn't paying attention to this thread over on PTI, but I think I'm going to buy one of these and try it. I don't have a problem with loose fibers (my scrubber is from CTMH), but I do have a problem with colored "yuck" transferring onto my stamps if I don't clean the pad often enough. This might just be the solution :)

kasia c. said...

This looks awesome! I really hope i can find this in Canada. Thanks for the tip!

Tigriswillreign said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I had not heard of this and am excited to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...