Friday, June 12, 2009

Punk Princess??

Two of the cards that I made for the TAC June Specials Promotional Playlist used the set "Punk Princess". Now, this is not a set that I would have ever bought. In fact, it is a little out of my comfort zone! But, working with it was a FUN challenge and I'm so glad that I got to play with it!!

I wanted to create a card that really showcased the versatility of this set. That's where the girly card above came out of. We all know people who go through hard times and need a little encouragement. This is a card for that person.

I LOVE the color combo on this card! I used TAC Catelynne paper but instead of going with the more traditional pink, I found a melon Bazzill color that TAC sells to match. Paired with the green and blue, with a little white thrown in for accent, it is just yummy!

I free-handed the polka dots on the cards (you all know how much I LOVE polka dots!!) using VersaMark ink and a clean pencil eraser. If you find it hard to keep the circles lined up (you can see mine aren't perfect), my good friend Laurie has created a template that she uses. Check out her post on that here. I popped the cloud and one of the lightning bolts off the page to give it some dimension using pop dots.

Here is the second card I submitted using this set.

The bones are stamped in VersaMark on the brown TAC paper. I made my own patterned paper using Belle Rose & Burnt Umber Palette inks and stamping the images one after the other. The bow was paper pieced.

Don't forget that these sets are only available until the end of June with a $30 purchase!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

So cute! You did a great job with this challenge! :)

Patti J. said...

Ha! I'm like you - I would have never ordered this set, but girl - you rocked it! Great job! The Catelynn paper worked very well with the first card! Good work with your challenge!

Chelsea said...

I love those samples using punk princess .... so creative!!! The colors are great too!

Kim said...

Great job with this set! Like Patti said you rocked it!!!1

Barb said...

I LOVE these! And not JUST because of the skulls :)

Love the colors you used and all of the paper piecing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...