Friday, May 1, 2009

My Girl

I love how this page turned out and it was so simple!!! If you are new to scrapbooking and want to start small but really like the look of a 12x12 page, then try this little trick. Start by creating a smaller page like the one below and then attach it to a 12x12 page (like the one above). Just like that you have a full sized 12x12 layout with the work of a smaller 8x8 sized page!

The flower image in the middle of the page is from “Victorian Elements” and is stamped with VersaMark ink. The border at the bottom is stamped with an image “Curls & Swirls” using VersaMark ink.

The scalloped paper is 8x8 and made with DCWV Scalloped paper Robins Nest 3.

I stamped one of the flower images from “Victorian Elements” with Water Lilly Green palette ink onto the Robin’s Egg 3 scalloped paper. I stamped it first on scrap paper and then stamped it the second time onto the cardstock to make more of a watermark effect. I stamped it 3 times to create a partial border. The tag is from the Reece paper pack and is popped up on pop dots. “Our Girl” is from the “This Girl” set and is stamped in Water Lilly Green ink. I used flowers & buttons from the buttons & blossoms jars in the catalogue and also stamped the flower image onto the blue flower (which doesn’t show up well in the photo but has a nice effect). I tied scrapper’s floss through the button holes and attached them to the flowers with glue dots.

I LOVE how the “bow” is tied through this button hole! I didn’t pull one side of the ribbon completely through forming a loop. I pulled the knot tight and had a cute little accent for my button (which came out of the Audrey Embellishment Jar). Easy but it adds a nice touch!

I LOVE this layout..and that little girl!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Beautiful layout, Jennifer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...