Saturday, June 23, 2007

Scrapbooking With Stamps


Before I was a stamper, I was a scrapbooker...and still am! My love for papercrafting developed and started with scrapbooking, which led me to rubber stamping. I fell in love with making cards and haven't spent as much time scrapbooking as I should (my unscrapped pictures are really stacking up now) but I still love it. On my last post, I showed you a paper bag book that I had made. Well, the layout that I used for that came from the scrapbook page shown above. I took many of the elements that I used on that card, directly from this scrapbook page.

This is the "All About Me" scrapbook page that I sent to The Angel Company to be displayed at Seminar next week. You can see that I used quite a few stamps on this layout...which the end result is that I saved money!!


I used the Spring Fling "Punctuation" set (that I hope is in the new catalog) for the journaling lines and for the parenthesis. The parenthesis are stamped with Landscape Palette Ink but to lighten the color I first stamped it on scrap paper and then stamped it onto my journaling piece. I was thrilled with how well the ink matched the green paper color (which is also one of my favorite colors)!!

I used the same technique that I used on the parenthesis to stamp the "Artsy Elements" flourishes & "Petal Pack" flower stamps (from Jubilee) down the side of the page to create a border (saved money by using plain cardstock and not patterned paper there).

The pink flower (from "Petal Pack") was stamped on TAC's Catelynne paper and then punched out with a cirlce punch. I also stamped a smaller flower from "Petal Pack" and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch and attached the two flowers with a brad. I put icicle stickles on the pink flower to add some sparkle. The flower circle is attached to the layout on pop dots to add dimension.

The blue mat that my picture is attached to (you can see a small part of it in the flower & border picture above) has been distressed using one of my favorite products, the edge distresser. Love it!! This gives it a little more visual interest and it also gives it depth and dimension. The patterned paper I used on this layout is all from the TAC Catelynne paper pack. I think the paper in this pack is gorgeous!!

The other stamps I used in this layout are: "My Favorites" Level A Hostess Set (This is Me) & "Abundance Is" (living joyously).

How I saved money:
  • I can reuse these stamps on my layouts as many times as I would like and make them look different each and every time by changing the colors and mixing up the various elements.


  • I can make my own patterned paper using stamps.


  • I can make my own embellishments and make them match my theme each and every time. I don't have to run to the store for the right color of embellishment.


  • And, although I didn't use alphabet stamps in this layout for my title, that is one way that you can save a TON of money! I don't know how many packs of letter stickers I have that I spent several dollars on (at least) and still have half of the letters left--they are either letters that I rarely use or they are the wrong size or the wrong color. By using alphabet stamps to design your title, the only investment that you have is the purchase of the set. Once you have that you are unlimited on the number of times that you can use those letters and you can make them whatever color that you want so that it will match your layout each and every time!!
Happy scrappin'!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Jen, this page looks great! I really like the how you did the flower. Way to go!!

Cathrine StClair said...

Great page. I love the way you did that glittery flower.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page! I love all the stamping elements you used! Love the glittery flower!

Michele Kovack said...

VEry nice page! I struggle with using stamps in my scrapbooks!

Anonymous said...

Great money saving tips Jen! Your page turned out so cute! I must admit I have never really stamped a layout this inspires me to try it :)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Jen. Glad to get a sneak peek at you before Seminar. I can not wait to meet you!
HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...